- Human Evolution Research
- Climate and Human Evolution
- Anthropocene: The Age of Humans
- Asian Research Projects
- East African Research Projects
- Human Origins Program Team
- What's Hot In Human Origins?
- Fossil Forensics: Interactive
- E. A. Mammal Dentition Database
- Human Evolution Evidence
- 3D Collection
- Human Fossils
- Human Family Tree
- Timeline Interactive
- Human Characteristics
- About Us
Comparison of Human and Chimp Chromosomes (Grades 9-12)
- Present-day species evolved from earlier species; the relatedness of organisms is the result of common ancestry.
- All organisms, including humans, retain evidence of their evolutionary history.
- Similarities among existing organisms provide evidence for evolution.
- All life forms use the same basic DNA building blocks.
- Scientists use the similarity of DNA nucleotide sequences to infer the relatedness of taxa.
Grade Level: 9-12
Time: One to two class periods
Teacher Background: Explore these links for additional information on the topics covered in this lesson:
Teaching Tips: Recommended for more advanced students.