- Human Evolution Research
- Climate and Human Evolution
- Anthropocene: The Age of Humans
- Asian Research Projects
- East African Research Projects
- Human Origins Program Team
- What's Hot In Human Origins?
- Fossil Forensics: Interactive
- E. A. Mammal Dentition Database
- Human Evolution Evidence
- 3D Collection
- Human Fossils
- Human Family Tree
- Timeline Interactive
- Human Characteristics
- About Us
By this time, the feet of early humans had a modern-type arch.
Do you see the tooth marks on this ankle bone? Their shape and pattern are similar to those made by modern crocodiles. The back part of the heel bone is bitten off, too. A lake with crocodiles was located not far from where this early human lived. He or she may have been drinking from the lake at the wrong time.
Site:Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania
Date of discovery:1960
Discovered by:A team lead by Louis S. B. Leakey
Age:About 1.8 million years old
<bold>Arch support</bold> By this time, the feet of early humans had a modern-type arch.