- Human Evolution Research
- Climate and Human Evolution
- Asian Research Projects
- East African Research Projects
- Human Origins Program Team
- What's Hot In Human Origins?
- Fossil Forensics: Interactive
- E. A. Mammal Dentition Database
- Human Evolution Evidence
- 3D Collection
- Human Fossils
- Human Family Tree
- Timeline Interactive
- Human Characteristics
- About Us
How Do We Know These Were Used as Pigments?
This ocher lump shows linear scratches and grooves that are not natural. These scratches and grooves are where humans scraped a sharp tool across the ocher to remove powdered pigment.
Error: view field_image_ref not found.