- Human Evolution Research
- Climate and Human Evolution
- Anthropocene: The Age of Humans
- Asian Research Projects
- East African Research Projects
- Human Origins Program Team
- What's Hot In Human Origins?
- Fossil Forensics: Interactive
- E. A. Mammal Dentition Database
- Human Evolution Evidence
- 3D Collection
- Human Fossils
- Human Family Tree
- Timeline Interactive
- Human Characteristics
- About Us
Meet Our Scientist: Briana Pobiner, Dietary Detective
Meet Briana Pobiner -- human origins research scientist and educator at the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
Briana tells what it's like to be a human evolution expert, why it matters, and how she got here. Digging up early human and animal remains from the field in Africa, studying fossils and artifacts, and publishing research about her findings -- then enticing and educating the public about the implications -- are all in a week's work for Dr. Pobiner.